Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Warriors Don't Cry

Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals

Beals chronicles her harrowing junior year at Central High where she underwent the segregationists' brutal organized campaign of terrorism which included telephone threats, vigilante stalkers, economic blackmailers, rogue police, and much more.

                                 This is a very good, well written book that plays with your emotions. The characters are easily relatable and you fall in love with them instantly. I would recommend this book to anyone who finds segregation and integration of African Americans interesting or is looking for a good book to read. The reason I rated this book with an 8 is due to the fact that it was slow getting into the book, but once I did I could not put it down. I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone!

Rating: 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment