Monday, March 2, 2015

Broken China

Broken China by Lori Aurelia Williams

China Cup Cameron might miss school or fall asleep in class sometimes, but she's trying hard to be a good mother to Amina, her two-year-old daughter. When tragedy befalls the small family, China must quit school and work full-time to make ends meet. But the only place in town that's willing to hire a fourteen-year-old high-school dropout is Obsidian Queens, a strip club, and China is forced to make some difficult and potentially self-destructive decisions.



                        Sheila Fennell: The plot of the story is what really attracted me to it. To be honest I read the first three pages and couldn't put the book down. It starts off so good that you just want to keep reading! The book its self was so good, there were a lot of things I wasn't expecting to happen It made me open my eyes and be grateful for everything I have, unlike the protagonist who has been through so much at the age of 14. I could feel her emotions when she was at  her lowest point. So YES this book is great. If you are looking for a story about real-life things that you can relate to, then "Broken China" is the book for you!

Rating: 10 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment