Sunday, September 28, 2014

Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.

                        This book was great. While reading this I was constantly wondering why exactly she committed suicide; I didn't understand. As I neared the end of the book I was finally starting to understand that for some people, the little things add up to be really big things. This book opened my eyes to bullying and really changed my perspective on life. Everything you do matters and sometimes the smallest things can make a huge impact on peoples lives. This book allowed me to see that. 
Rating: 9 out of 10

                          Miranda Petrosky- This was one of the BEST books I've ever read! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this novel. The plot is amazing. The story makes you keep guessing what's going to happen next, or who's on the next tape. This is a MUST read!

Rating:10 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment